Old 13-06-2004, 08:05 PM
bb

Default Wow, Orchids at Lowes!

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 05:57:54 GMT, "Sinister" wrote:

The last place I expected to find professionally raised orchids, I found
spray after spray of Phal. Aphrodite at Lowes

I look at the hd discount bench sorta like buying bare root stuff. I
have to agree with those who mentioned rotten root balls, most of what
I've seen at the local hd seems to be in just such condition.

I'm still in the experimental stage of what works and doesn't work for
me. The hd cast-offs seem to work for trying new growing techniques.

I was just there a little while ago and was amazed at the poor
condition and high prices offer on the few vandas. The few roots
still attached were in horrible shape. One poor vanda had no roots
left on it, but it did have the remains of a spike, and was only
$29.99, what a deal, eh?

bb