Old 13-06-2004, 11:07 PM
Pam Moore

Default Newbie needs advice...

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 11:39:00 +0100, Black Shuck
wrote:

My house has a large amount of weed infested lawn, and shrubs that need
constant attention, so in a moment of madness I decided gravelling the
whole lot would be a good idea for a low maintenance garden., can then
put plants and shrubs in pots to keep it manageable...

I'm not quite sure if you mean you are taking up all the shrubs also.
Shrubs in pots will need more maintenance than shrubs in the ground.
They will need watering and feeding regularly. In the ground they will
need nothing more than tidying / pruning once a year.
I agree with Sacha about lowering the value of the house. My next
door neighbour has had the whole of her back and front garden paved,
and paved substantially and permanently. It's a wildlife desert.
Gravelling is less permanent, but equally wildlife-unfriendly.
You said "in a moment of madness". Is it too late to reconsider?

Pam in Bristol