Old 13-06-2004, 11:08 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Getting Chillies to flower and fruit?

In article ,
Juggs wrote:
On 13 Jun 2004 19:40:57 GMT, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:

I would like a crop from these plants! The bell peppers which have been in
exactly the same situation have had far more flowers and a crop of sorts.

DON'T fertilise them with high-nitrate fertilisers, and don't
worry too much if they dry out slightly. Otherwise, I have never
had trouble.

And *do* fertilize them with tomato fertilizer. Some sources say at
half the rate at which you would fertilize tomatoes. I give them a
soaking of tomato fertilizer about once a week.

I don't bother, but my propietary compost is probably equivalent :-)

Certainly, treating them like tomatoes is a good basic rule. After
all, they are pretty closely related!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.