Old 14-06-2004, 12:03 AM
Big Time

Default What's causing the brown edges on my hosta plant? - Hosta leaf brown edge 01.jpg (0/1)

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 01:20:53 -0400, "madgardener"
wrote:

I concure with you Cereus-validus. I went to McKay's used book store in
Knoxvegas today and found a book on plant diseases and despite that it only
covered what appeared as fruits and vegetable diseases, I found an
anthrachnose disease on something that resembled the markings on the hosta
exactly. A fungicide will help and removal of infected leaves and sent to
the landfill and not composted......(spraying fungicide got rid of
anthrachnose on a dogwood I bought infected with it from the nursery and
despite that it didn't bloom, the leaves didn't horribly shrivel and drop
off like they did last year)
madgardener
"Cereus-validus" wrote in message
om...
After seeing the picture on alt.binaries.pictures.gardens,
I would go along with Vox and say it is probably Hosta anthracnose:

http://www.extension.umn.edu/yardand...-June1502.html
http://www.urbanext.uiuc.edu/focus/per_hosta.html

You humid spring has only aggravated the problem.

Madgardner - Thanks for the help. I will try a fungicide next year as
it's probably too late now.
Big Time

*Please REMOVE the obvious for my correct email address*