Old 14-06-2004, 01:05 AM
Brian

Default Electric Chainsaw Recommendations

"BIGEYE" wrote in message
I am considering purchasing an electric chainsaw £100. I have been

looking
at the RYOBI CS-1840 and Castor Hobby E160 electric chainsaw.
It will be used to cut down oversized privets & bushes. Trunks about 6" in
diameter.
Which one should I go for or is there a better alternative to these two
models.
TIA

--------------------------
All forms of chainsaws are potentially dangerous and require skill in
use and in sharpening. This takes a lot of practise. There are many electric
chainsaws that have been used, just once, and then discarded. Errors, in
use, can be horrendous.
A blunt saw in even more dangerous~~ and they need sharpening after very
little use.
For 6" diameter I would use a Bow-saw, even though I am well used to
chainsaws~~having wood-burners and some acres of mature woodland being
regenerated.
However, if you are not a novice, would it not be much cheaper to hire?
Best Wishes Brian.