Old 14-06-2004, 03:04 AM
J Kolenovsky

Default Is this a weed?

It looks like its in the Composite family and may be Solid ago,
http://www.funet.fi/pub/sci/bio/life...gnoliophytina=
/magnoliopsida/asteraceae/solidago/

Mark Anderson wrote:
=

This year I used an American Meadow Midwest Wildflower mix for my
wildflower boxes. Some of the wildflowers in the box came back from la=

st
year. Usually I can recognize the typical weed (I.e. a local ugly plan=

that shows up everywhere without being planted). This one plant I was
thinking of pulling about a month ago got huge broad leaves kind of lik=

a big dandelion. I let it grow and then it looked like it might be som=

sort of big poppy. Now it has gotten huge and it doesn't look like a
poppy and it's taking up a lot of space in the box. I don't mind if it=

turns into something nice but if it's just a nasty common weed I probab=

ly
should get it out of there.
=

Does anyone have an idea of what this is?
=

http://www.brandylion.com/images/weed.jpg
=

--
As of June 8, major planting operations have ended.
Mission Accomplished!

-- =

Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.celestialhabitats.com - business. Quoted by the Ho=
uston
Chronicle Lazy Gardener as 1 of 7 best gardening web sites in Houston.
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/personal.html - personal