Old 14-06-2004, 05:07 AM
Steve

Default zuccini and borers

I was going to mention BT if nobody else did. While I was reading,
and looking for the mention of BT, I was thinking. I'm wondering if
anyone has ever used BT injections as a prevention? I wonder if a
person could inject a strong BT solution into the stem when the
plant is still young and tender. I wonder if the BT would stay
vital, protected inside the vine and stop an attack before it really
got started.
I would try it myself but I don't get borers most years anyway.
Someone who gets them every year should try it.

Steve

George Shirley wrote:

You can also inject Bt into the holes where the borers are or just slit
the vine there and kill them, then heap dirt over the slit and the
squash will root there again. HTH

Georg