Old 14-06-2004, 05:09 AM
Red

Default Deer Trouble

I read the label on Liquid Fence and decided that I could do that and more.
I use 5 dozen eggs, two quarts of whole milk, 10 oz of garlic powder. I
have an old egg beater . I beat the eggs and half of the garlic and half of
the milk and then put it in a 5 gal bucket. I add about a pint of Molasses.
Seems the sugar is good for the mix. Then repeat with the rest of the eggs.
Fill the Bucket up to about the 4 gallon level. Put this out in the sun for
a week or two with a cover. You will have to strain this mixture when you
are ready to use it, probably four or five times other wise the garlic will
clog the sprayer. Use two quarts of this mixture in a 2 gallon sprayer
along with a heaping tablespoon of Habanera powder
http://www.redsavina.com/ you can buy it here. Then if you are really
devoted, you can add a chemical which is the main ingredient on a lot to
the repellents. http://12.98.152.21/induspro_test.htm check this out.
This is the main ingredient in Ropel and other repellents. It is $200 for
one Kilo but one tsp is strong enough to be detected in 1000 gals of water.
If you look at the label on the deer repellent you will see that the
concentration is about .05 % the rest is water. I also use a couple of tbs
of Palmolive just for grins. And as long as I am spraying I use an once of
Seaweed to the gallon.

As involved as all of this is, it only helps when conditions are good. When
it dries out and there is not a lot of forage, the deer will eat anything
and everything. During the extend dry period of last year they ate my
prickle pear and everything else. GOOD LUCK

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT "GOOD LUCK" MEANS CHECK OUT

http://www.garagelogic.com/onthenet.htm

from 3 -6 on week days.

"GolfNut" wrote in message
help!! besides a fence...how do i keep the derr from eating my small
trees and plants. i use liquid fence but that is sooo expensive. plus
after a watering or rain, it's all gone.

is there a home remedy...some type of organic tea that i could brew to
put on stuff or around it to keep the deer away. they are even going
after "deer resistant" plants these days.

tw