Old 14-06-2004, 02:03 PM
escapee

Default apple trees

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 12:20:36 -0500, (Scruffy Dog) opined:

I have Mollies Delicious and Dorsett Golden. The Mollies is an excellent
pollinator or so the tag says. The dorsett tag says it's good for warm
winter climates, needing only 100 hours below 45°.

Thanks for the compost and mulch advice.

Well, all you have to do is properly prune each year and stand back! You do
have two properly selected trees.

I would like to give a plug to a particular mulch I started using this year.
It's the Sylvan Formula. I don't know where the name comes from, but as far as
I know, Dromgoole created it and I cannot say enough about it.

The very same week I put it out only my perennial border in the front gardens
the plants responded. Not a small difference, a huge difference. So, I went
back and bought more and more and it is truly amazing stuff. So, now I use
the Revitilizer Mix and the Sylvan Formula and my plants are doing better than
they ever had before.

If you don't want to use it all over because of cost related issues, buy a few
bags (bag your own you get more for the money) and use it only on your trees.
It is great stuff.

Victoria

Need a good, cheap, knowledge expanding present for a friend?