Old 14-06-2004, 05:06 PM
Nedra

Default Mosquito in fountain pond. Help

Buy the Mosquito Dunks! I wouldn't fool with bleach.

Nedra in Missouri

My Backyard Pond:
Lotus Pond:

"Jim Jam" wrote in message
I have a pond and also a fountain pond with no fish ect. I seen those
wiggly mosquito lavae in the fountain water. My neighbor said she uses 2
ozs. of bleach a week and never has to clean or have mosquito problems
since she say the eggs dont survive the bleach. Is this true? I could
buy the mosquito dunks. but she says 2 ozs per 30 gallons works great.
What about birds or wildlife drinking the water? She again says no
problem as long as you dont exceed the dose. Well anyone have any ideas
on this? Please let me know.