Old 14-06-2004, 06:08 PM
Jed Spud

Default Compost bins!

"martin" wrote in message
On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 14:17:44 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

On one of the rare occasion's that I have watched a gardening
programme, I had notice a compost bin made from pieces of
timber with the ends notched so the pieces fitted together, I
thought that seems to be a good idea so I tried to find one in
the garden centres.

I once made myself one like that. Too late I realised the fundamental
design flaw in the concept: The top stuff is always the newly added
stuff, and the good compost has to be taken from the bottom, and the
system has neither door not gate.

and hence the need for tunneling moles?

North Lincs council were subsidising these at £12 delivered, cracking deal!!
http://www.recycleworks.co.uk/cgi-bi...logno=CB1-CWCB