Old 14-06-2004, 09:08 PM
DJ

Default My lawn looks better than it ever has.

Mitch
I was glad to see your post. Thought I had subscribed to the wrong
newsgroup. You said you mow your yard 3"-4" . Can you tell me how you know
the height? Is the adjustment by the wheels set for 1", 2", 3" etc? I have
been setting mine on the 2nd or 3rd notch, would that make it cut 2 or 3
inches? I hope my question is not confusing.
Thanks,
Donna J.

wrote in message
A couple of years ago I posted here with pictures of a horrible lawn.
It now looks great, and I'm sure it will get better.

The advice I got here that helped was:

1. Don't mow it so short.
2. Mulch, don't bag
3. Give it more feedings throughout the season, instead of just a
springtime feeding.
4. Long, deep waterings instead of daily shallow waterings (I bought
one of those little traveling sprinklers).

I mow it now at about 3"-4" (we've had alot of rain, so I couldn't mow
as often as I liked), and I edge the driveway and sidewalk.

I also got lucky: a guy from my church owns a landscape/lawn care
business. He's doing each of my fertilizer treatments for $85. I
have 2 acres, so I paid more than that just to buy the fertilizer
myself.

Anyway, I know alot of people come here with "My lawn sucks...what can
I do" questions. So I wanted to give them some hope. :-)
After only two seasons after educating myself a little bit about
lawns, the change is incredible.

It will be better next year, because I plan to overseed the backyard
this fall.

Thanks, everyone!