Old 14-06-2004, 10:04 PM
Forrest

Default miniature greenhouses

I'm new to this stuff. I've always pretty much stuck to tomatoes but this
year I'm going for more. I dug up the corner of the back yard to about 12
ft. square and planted the tomatoes along the wall. I have some corn started
in pots and some beans. I like your idea of letting them grow up the corn
stalks. I wish I had started the corn much earlier. They are only about 8
in. and in starter posts still. How many bean plants do you use for each
corn stalk? Anywhoo ...... thanks for the tip.

"Lee" wrote in message
om...
i got a clear plastic carton containing 4 large muffins at the super
mkt a couple of weeks ago and the more i looked at it the more i
invisioned a greenhouse! I also have clear plastic egg cartons that
have a double lid, one shaped like the top of an egg and the other
covering that. Another greenhouse! On 6/01/04 i planted Echinecia in
the egg carton and English Lavender in the muffin carton, placed them
in a light area with no sun and they sprouted on the 6th! Other seed
from same packets i planted in pots and the English Lavender planted
5/27 still isn't up and i had kept it moist, besides having pre-soaked
them, and some Stevia i planted in big pot on 5/22 didn't come up
until 6/05/04. Normally i pre-soak, especially large seed like
Nasurtiums, corn etc.. my corn is over 4 feet tall already and the
beans that are to grow up them are about 15 inches mostly. I didn't
start them in the "greenhous" though G

Just thought here may be someone who overlooked the potential of the
plastic cartons.
Lee h