Old 14-06-2004, 10:07 PM
Benign Vanilla

Default Pond Overflow

wrote in message ...
I was wondering how many people consider having a overflow pipe for their
ponds??? Mine is 4 -inch pvc pipe and it goes underneath my waterfall

where
you can't see it. Even with hard rains the excess water flows away from
the pond and it never overflows. I have known pond owners that don't have

over-flow drain, so when their pond overflows it causes a problem because
the excess water flows over the edging then under the liner which causes

the
liner to raise up. Just a note. Thanks Mike

I don't have an overflow pipe. There is an area of my pond edge that is
slightly lower then the rest of the pond, and it overflows here into a patch
of creeping jenny, and then down into the yard. My liner extends out 18-24
inches horizontally. I have never had a liner issues.

BV.