Old 14-06-2004, 11:10 PM
Mike Patterson

Default Pond Overflow

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 14:48:27 -0500, wrote:

I was wondering how many people consider having a overflow pipe for their
ponds??? Mine is 4 -inch pvc pipe and it goes underneath my waterfall where
you can't see it. Even with hard rains the excess water flows away from
the pond and it never overflows. I have known pond owners that don't have a
over-flow drain, so when their pond overflows it causes a problem because
the excess water flows over the edging then under the liner which causes the
liner to raise up. Just a note. Thanks Mike

Mine overflows a bit downhill from the main pond going through my "bog
area".

I have several large rocks in the main pond and pea gravel in the
bottom of the bog area to keep the liner from floating up... so far,
so good.

It was a problem prior to adding the large rocks.

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody. I should have been more specific..."