Old 15-06-2004, 04:03 AM
Karl L. Wuensch

Default zuccini and borers

The small brownish circular things may be squash bug eggs. Squash bugs will
kill your squash every bit as effectively as borers -- but I find dozens of
them on my zucchini, not just a few.

Karl W.

"Jack1000" wrote in message
I had a problem with squash borers last year. I was wondering if anybody

knows
what the egg looks like when it gets laid on the plant stem.
I found a few hard, very small brownish circular things that I thought

might
be the eggs. There was one on a stalk attached facing the ground, maybe

four on
every other plant.
I hate these pests. They take a wonderful thriving plant and bring it to

its
knees.
So far the only way I found to fight them was to find the holes they make

on
the bottom of the stalk and stick thin a wire in and try to skewer the

little
black faced larvas.
If I can get the eggs off the plant before it is too late that would save

a lot
of back breaking work.