Old 15-06-2004, 05:04 AM
Lee

Default miniature greenhouses

'well, momma always planted 3 seeds in a spot, one for me, one for the
critters, and one for sure, so that's what i usually do and in the
case of the corn, right next to the corn stalks which were about a
foot high when i planted the beans. I am also a novice at this as it
has been about 50 years since i have planted corn myself. Left that
job to others during the past years. I really don't know what the
optimum number of beans vines a stalk can handle : )
i am in US zone 7 so can plant earlier than some on the group. we have
had 90+ degrees many times already this year.
---lee h/tvksi

"Forrest" wrote in message ...
I'm new to this stuff. I've always pretty much stuck to tomatoes but this
year I'm going for more. I dug up the corner of the back yard to about 12
ft. square and planted the tomatoes along the wall. I have some corn started
in pots and some beans. I like your idea of letting them grow up the corn
stalks. I wish I had started the corn much earlier. They are only about 8
in. and in starter posts still. How many bean plants do you use for each
corn stalk? Anywhoo ...... thanks for the tip.

"Lee" wrote in message
om...
corn etc.. my corn is over 4 feet tall already and the
beans that are to grow up them are about 15 inches mostly. I didn't
start them in the "greenhous" though G