Old 15-06-2004, 05:11 AM
George

Default Pond Overflow

"Steve J. Noll" wrote in message
On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 14:48:27 -0500, wrote:

I was wondering how many people consider having a overflow pipe for their
ponds??? Mine is 4 -inch pvc pipe and it goes underneath my waterfall where
you can't see it. Even with hard rains the excess water flows away from
the pond and it never overflows. I have known pond owners that don't have a
over-flow drain, so when their pond overflows it causes a problem because
the excess water flows over the edging then under the liner which causes the
liner to raise up. Just a note. Thanks Mike

I put one in my pond. It's only 3/4-inch, but has done the job the
few times it has rained (or when I've not watched closely enough when
topping off!) It's maybe easier to put one in an above-ground pond
like mine than in some in-ground ponds.

Steve J. Noll | Ventura California
| Glass Block Pond http://www.kissingfrogs.tv

Awesome. Oh, to have such spare change!