Old 15-06-2004, 07:03 AM
Rodney Pont

Default Pond Overflow

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 01:05:06 GMT, Steve J. Noll wrote:

I put one in my pond. It's only 3/4-inch, but has done the job the
few times it has rained (or when I've not watched closely enough when
topping off!) It's maybe easier to put one in an above-ground pond
like mine than in some in-ground ponds.

We've got one as well in a raised pond but we had to repair the wall
last year since it just dumps the overflow at the foot of the wall. It
wasn't bad, just a few cracks in the mortar but it had allowed the
foundations to move slightly over 14 years. If I do persuade the owner
to put in the 3,000 gallon extension I'll pipe the overflow well away
from the pond, or we could have a stream going down the garden :-)

--
Regards - Rodney Pont