Old 15-06-2004, 02:02 PM
Jim Lewis

Default News Group vs. discussion on gallery

"Pat Patterson" wrote in message
G'day all...

Thanks for your well stated comments, Jim.

It just seems to me that every time we add a new "gallery" or

Discussion
group", etc., to the IBC web site, it simply dilutes the

"original news group"
even more.

Well, I thought that when the web discussion board was created
and I STILL think so, but I no longer run the list, and have
never run the web.

I find web-based discussions to be terminally clumsy. But then,
I still like books. From reading messages here and on the WWW
I've come to the conclusion that most computer users don't read
books any more and rely on the web for information -- despite the
fact that ANY idiot can write something and put it up on some web
page.

The web discussion will eventually cause the demise of the
mailing list, I'm sure. Rec.arts.bonsai, of course has a life of
its own and will limp along as the alt.bonsai group has for
untold years.

Of course I have been unable to send or receive to the list for
several days now and don't know why. And, I think the link
between RAB and the list may also be broken (though that may just
be because the list isn't working right?????)

Shelly? Are you there?

Jim Lewis - - Rivers are ribbons that tie us
to the spirit of the land - Jeff Rennicke