Old 15-06-2004, 03:02 PM
Pam - gardengal

Default making a garden look bigger

"Peter Churchill" wrote in message
news:Svxzc.108147$Ly.96650@attbi_s01...
Am I right in thinking a lighter colored painted fence will make my garden
look biger and brighter? I have a black and white house, and would like

paint my fences a light color which isn't white (enough of that on the

house
already) but would love to have a nice colored backdrop for plants while
making the garden look bigger. Any ideas?

Actually, darker colors in a garden will recede, making the space look
bigger, while light colors tend to jump forward. A dark fence will often
recede into the background and almost disappear behind plantings, providing
the illusion of greater space.

pam - gardengal