Old 15-06-2004, 03:03 PM
George

Default 3 to 4 inch Koi

wrote in message
om...
Just got my pond ready for fish and got 2 small koi (3-4") to start.
The pond is aboout 8x12 and 3 feet deep in the deepest point. They
have been in for two days. The two litle guys have been swimming a
bit, but when I tried to feed them today for the first time they just
hide in the oxegeninator plant I have in the deepest spot. Are they
two small to eat or are they just eating other things in the pond? A
neighbor said he has a few comet fish I can have, I was planning on
adding them in the next few days, but I want to make sure these guys
are ok 1st
Thanks

Wait til these guys are used to their surroundings, and until you are sure they
are not sick before adding more fish. It is not unusual for fish to hide when
they've been introduced to new surroundings. And they can go for a while before
eating. Check you water quality to make sure all is ok. You shouldn't add fish
to a new pond without first letting the water age and stabilize. Post the water
qaulity paramters here and we will have a look at them. If they don't appear
listless, or tipping to one side, but are moving around, and don't have any
obvious pathologies (red gills, fins, or sores on the skin, or white spots,
fuzzies, etc), then either the water isn't quite right, or they are just not
used to their surroundings yet. Keep us posted on their condition, but it
sounds like they may have new tank syndrome (or in your case, new pond
syndrome).