Old 15-06-2004, 03:07 PM
Sam Hopkins

Default Barley Straw plea...

"Gareee©" wrote in message ...
Ok, 3 local feed stores, and no barley hay anywhere here. No barley balls at
lowe's or Home depot. One Farmer insisted to me that normal straw would work
fine, but reports here indicated otherwise. (and of course, he gave me that
"farmer who hates a city slickers who thinks he knows more then I do" look.

I'd really rather not dump chemicals in, if possible.

Don't suppose someone out there who got a bail cheap with extra could take a
few handfulls, stick them into a brown paper bag, and ship me some? (My pond
is about 14x14, and anywhere from 1.5-3 foot deep) I can paypal the costs
right away.

Shipping shouldn't be much for it, but the only other choice I have is to
try to find a barleyball or such online somewhere.

Oh, we got two larger goldfish at Wal-Mart today and put them in the pond..
they seemed to love it in there. We got some of the goldfish floating food..
how much should we feed 2 6-8 inch goldfish a day? There are plenty of bugs
n such around.. will they eat that instead?

Email Doug at . He has barley straw for
$40.00 (includes shiping) for a 50 pound bale. It'll last you forever.

Sam