Old 15-06-2004, 04:04 PM
Sunflower

Default Best Time to Prune Climbing Rose?

"FEDUP" wrote in message
I have this climbing rose that puts out a great show every spring. It is
growing like crazy and i want to prune it and arrange it. I know it

blooms
only on the new growth for next year. Any do's and don'ts?

Climbers that bloom on old wood should be "pruned" immediately following
that bloom. They can be "shaped" at any time of the year if life or limb
are in peril. It's not quite too late in most of the country to do a serious
cutback on a a rambler, as there is plenty of growing season left to produce
wood for next year's bloom. But, it will soon be too late.