Old 15-06-2004, 09:06 PM
Danny Byrne

Default Broccoli Leaves Riddled With Holes

Pete

Maybe the smell...and when u look at the putrid black colour..maybe that
too..)..but I think it's the odour of the molasses that does the trick and
it's organic solution as well..no poisons needed...

Enjoy your garden over there...and may you have many untouched brassicas...

Best wishes

Danny

"---pete---" wrote in message
On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 20:50:36 +1000, "Danny Byrne"
wrote:

Thanks very much Pete...

Or you can strike before the grubs arrive, and I usually spray when I

plant
young brassicas with 1 tablespoon of molasses dissolved in 1 litre of

warm
water, let cool and then spray to stop the white butterfly from laying

the
eggs...

------
Hey Danny, I like your suggestion. Seems like
it's worth a try. An ounce of prevention...

Hmmmmmm, I wonder what it is about
molasses that the butterflies don't like?

---pete---