Old 15-06-2004, 09:09 PM
Sean Dinh

Default Test Strips are Good

The only test I have on hand is a pH kit that only measures to 7. It's good to
mess with acid, pretty much useless to ponding.

I say forget the test kits. When in doubt, put in more plants.

Benign Vanilla wrote:

OK, before you jump on my back and shove my head in the pond, let me explain
where this epiphany came from.

I use liquid test kits for all of my parameters. My wife bought a test strip
kit for the pool. I think it is perfect for the pool, because it allows
quick and easy testing. I dipped one in the pond, and it gave results
similar to my liquid kit.

So here is my new thing...liquid kit for monthly testing. Strips for testing
every now and then, when I want to be sure things are OK.

What say you?

BV,