Old 15-06-2004, 09:12 PM

Default Newbie needs advice...

I agree with Sacha about lowering the value of the house. My next
door neighbour has had the whole of her back and front garden paved,
and paved substantially and permanently. It's a wildlife desert.
Gravelling is less permanent, but equally wildlife-unfriendly.
You said "in a moment of madness". Is it too late to reconsider?

Pam in Bristol

So do I. In our attractive floral cul-de-sac we have two new lots of
neighbours. The first one did at least plant a very nice (and
expensive) conifer in the middle of one of his front lawns before
putting his England flags everywhere but his next door keen gardeners
have sold up to go to a big bungalow 'ont moors to get away from the
bad language. But yesterday the second one had a pile of sand and
paving stones delivered to pave over his back lawn after removing
three very nice conifers that the previous owner kept in fine
condition. This one has flags draping his large front window hiding
the view of the large skip plonked on the pavement today. . We'll all
have trouble backing off our drives tomorrow. Sorry for the rant but
this close has always been desirable as a result of all the flowers
and hanging baskets. Maybe they'll move out again if interests rates
continue to rise and house prices fall. Diana