Old 15-06-2004, 10:07 PM
Chris Hogg

Default Mulching

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 16:24:52 +0100, "Cat"
wrote:

Is it safe to use shredded leylandii branches in a mulch/compost heap? The
reason why I am asking is that it seems nothing grows under the dreaded
trees, and I am wondering if the trees themselves are toxic?
Many thanks for informed replies!

Best use for them, apart from logs that is. I shred all my Leylandii
trimmings and prunings, up to say 3/4 inch diameter, and use it as
mulch. I tend to store it in bags for a few months first, to brown it
off, as I don't like to see fresh green mulch, but that's just a
personal thing.

--
Chris