Old 16-06-2004, 05:03 AM
J Kolenovsky

Default Is this a weed?

Joel Osteen has this for you:
http://www.lakewood.cc/sermon_listing.htm#

Cereus-validus wrote:
=

That's Asteraceae and its definitely not a "Goldenrod" (Solidago).
=

Hey Lazy Koveleski from the planet Houston, is Solid ago the opposite o=

f a
hollow ago?
=

The plant looks more like some sort of thistle and its almost in bloom.=

If
Marky Mark just waits a few more days and takes another picture we will=

actually see the flowers and know for sure!!!!
=

"J Kolenovsky" wrote in message
It looks like its in the Composite family and may be Solid ago,
http://www.funet.fi/pub/sci/bio/life...magnoliophyti=

na/magnoliopsida/asteraceae/solidago/
=

Mark Anderson wrote:

This year I used an American Meadow Midwest Wildflower mix for my
wildflower boxes. Some of the wildflowers in the box came back from =

last
year. Usually I can recognize the typical weed (I.e. a local ugly pl=

ant
that shows up everywhere without being planted). This one plant I wa=

thinking of pulling about a month ago got huge broad leaves kind of l=

ike
a big dandelion. I let it grow and then it looked like it might be s=

ome
sort of big poppy. Now it has gotten huge and it doesn't look like a=

poppy and it's taking up a lot of space in the box. I don't mind if =

it
turns into something nice but if it's just a nasty common weed I prob=

ably
should get it out of there.

Does anyone have an idea of what this is?

http://www.brandylion.com/images/weed.jpg

--
As of June 8, major planting operations have ended.
Mission Accomplished!

=

--
Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.celestialhabitats.com - business. Quoted by the =

Houston
Chronicle Lazy Gardener as 1 of 7 best gardening web sites in Houston.
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/personal.html - personal

-- =