Old 16-06-2004, 01:05 PM
Colin Davidson

Default giant hogweed

"Hugh Chaloner" wrote in message
. ..

I'm sure you already know but if you plan on removing hogweed, cover
yourself up head to toe. I remember as a kid carrying "felled" hogweeds
over my shoulder, and then getting exposed to the sun. The sap is toxic
and photoreactive, leaving painful blisters and scarring. "Meadow
Dermatitis" is extremely nasty and very unpleasant

I've come across several instances where people have claimed to have similar
dermal problems restricted to giant hogweed (and some of the other
umbellifers?).