Old 16-06-2004, 03:03 PM
Cereus-validus

Default Is this a weed?

I would agree.

Whatever it is, its butt ugly and you should yank it out!!!

"Mark Anderson" wrote in message
.net...
In article says...
The plant looks more like some sort of thistle and its almost in bloom.

If
Marky Mark just waits a few more days and takes another picture we will
actually see the flowers and know for sure!!!!

It's started blooming today.

http://www.brandylion.com/images/weed-flower.jpg

This is a top down view and it's in better focus than that last picture.

It looks like a weed. Considering that most wildflowers are considered
weeds I don't mind. I do mind when they're ugly taking up way too much
space. I cut it back exposing a seeded area that couldn't germinate
because this plant plopped it's big fat leaves all over. I'm hoping I
don't have to reseed that area.

--
As of June 8, major planting operations have ended. Mission
Accomplished!