Old 16-06-2004, 03:07 PM
J. Del Col

Default 7 Leaf Rose Bush!

wrote in message . ..
Help. I've got a lovely rose bush in my garden growing nice and tall and
strong; however, each stem has 7 leaves and the plant will not flower. Do
you have any advice? I've never had this problem before with any of my rose
bushes. Thanks.
Judie

I don't see any necessary connection between the number of leaflets
and the plant's failure to flower. I have roses with five, seven,
nine, and more leaflets per leaf. They all bloom.

BTW, roses have compound leaves. The individual leaflets make up one
leaf.

How old is the bush? What variety is it? Some roses bloom only on
the previous season's growth. Does it get enough sun?

J. Del Col