Old 16-06-2004, 05:03 PM
how

Default Pond Overflow

Hi,
An overflow standpipe is a great idea as rain 'floats' for a while and if
left to mix with the pond water can use up KH (alkalinity). The pH most
likely will be different from the pond. Having it drain far from the pond is
a good idea also. Getting the auto-fill calibrated to the standpipe gives
the pond 'tweaker' something to do.
HTH, -_- how

no NEWS is good for a reply

wrote in message ...
I was wondering how many people consider having a overflow pipe for their
ponds??? Mine is 4 -inch pvc pipe and it goes underneath my waterfall

where
you can't see it. Even with hard rains the excess water flows away from
the pond and it never overflows. I have known pond owners that don't have

over-flow drain, so when their pond overflows it causes a problem because
the excess water flows over the edging then under the liner which causes

the
liner to raise up. Just a note. Thanks Mike