Old 16-06-2004, 06:05 PM
Ka30P

Default Trickle down veggie filter ?

An easy way to deal with watercress is to stick each stem of it thru a grid.
You can use any kind of grid - I used a grid that we bought at the hardware
store that is put into florescent lights. There may be some grids out there at
craft stores used for rug hooking or needle work.
I buy my watercress in bunches at the grocery store. One year I bought a whole
case, ten bunches for ten dollars, by talking to the produce manager.
Originally I floated the grids on top of my stock tank which backs the
waterfall. (make sure any thing floating has an 'anchor' to the edge so it
doesn't block the outflow.
Watercress grows lots of roots but they are fairly 'weak' meaning that they are
easy to pull out.
Right now I grow watercress attached to the rock in my waterfall. When I want
to weed it -
it is very easy to rip away.
Same with water celery.

kathy :-)