Old 17-06-2004, 01:05 AM
bluegill phil

Default Few odd Questions Any help appreciated (pond/water couorse building/sturgeon) (UK)

Ive had water in my 3600gal for over 4 months. Its had 100 fingerling
bluegill perch and 200~300 fathead minnows for 2 months. The minnow
death rate stableized last week. Up until then i lost minnows everyday
about 75 to 100 overall due to unaged water. It appears that waiting
until the water has had at least 1 algea bloom before stocking is good
advice. The 2 2' sturgeons you have will be lucky to make it to August
in a brand new pond. You may want to leave them in the bath for awhile
they would be Ok because Ive seen that size (1) in a 55gal aquarium
Oh yeah Ive only lost 2 bluegills but thats because their the
toughest fish around.
On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 16:37:47 +0100, "Lostin1999"
wrote:

Hi again

I've read all the responses, (most don't actually answer my questions, but
ill get to that later..)

It seems many people feel my pond is too small for koi, this is NOT a
problem for me, im quite happy to have other breeds of fish.. However I
will mention that Oasis (pond Product manufacturing company) produce a 223
litre pond Called Koi. that anyone would assume should be big enough for
Koi! (and i know 3 people with one and several Koi within (for several
years.) (6 + years in one case)

Now i have already kept fish and ponds for a long time (although my biggest
pond to date was only about 100 gallons (and was a nature pond (about to be
recreated on a larger scale)) (ok im only in me 30's so some have kept foir
much longer than me). this is where all the fish i already have are coming
from

this is my first onamental pond, and its been 4 years in the planning, im
not some ooh a pond would be nice, and 3 days later its done.. 6 months
later its gone again..

please could someone pass advice on the other questions i posed (expanding
foam to make a fountain base, and the sturgeon (who havent done it
since.. ))

Lost