Old 17-06-2004, 08:04 AM
Curly Sue

Default Electric chippers?

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 09:30:07 GMT, Garrapata
wrote:

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 11:02:21 -0400, Roy Smith wrote:

The model I'm looking at is...

http://www.thecomposter.com/products...ies/index.html

I have one and like it.It is well made, it does 1'' branches as fast
as I can feed them in the side chute. It does have more problems with
high volume soft stuff, I managed to clog it with a bunch of fern
fronds but it comes apart fairly easily for cleaning. It is a small,
lightweight chipper so if you have lot of stuff it is slow.

I have that one also and it's just right for my needs. Initially, it
was stalling quite often when I started it up again after pausing it,
until I realized that hard wood chips were getting wedged in the
chipper. So now I tilt it forward after I turn it off, until the
blade stops turning and all of the remaining chips and debris have
fallen out of the front.

Also, the first extension cord I used (my usual outdoors one for the
lawnmower) didn't let enough juice through to run it; it would hum and
the overload button would pop. It took a few phone calls to figure
out the problem. I had to get a short, seriously heavy-duty cord and
it works fine.

The one at your link is pretty expensive, I got it locally at Orchard
Supply for $170 & no shipping.

Get it assembled if you can - it is a PITA to put together the bolts
are hard to line up with the holes.
--

Definitely need two people to assemble, it's heavy and top-heavy. Be
careful to put it together with the bottom and top facing the right

In theory you're supposed to be able to attach a bag to the out chute
to catch the chips, however, I found that it just blew the bag off.
So I found a cardboard box with the perfect size to fit under the
chute.

Sue(tm)