Old 17-06-2004, 08:19 AM
mgeost

Default New garden

Margaret Lillard wrote in message ...
Well, I am whipped ...

Got myself a cubic yard of topsoil from the local pile o' dirt men and
finally filled in my new raised bed (and have a little left over for
future projects, though it was only through the blessed intervention of
my neighbor that I finally got it all off the truck -- RSI and general
feebleness, you know... but the tale of toting dirt for another day).

MAL

I invite you not to forget the garden in late fall, winter and very
early spring.

Sedum are a welcome splash of color around Halloween as are the hardy
aster-type plants. Drawf evergreens can keep a little green in the
garden. Over winter, there are many good selections: Johnny Jump Ups
(as we used call them) are excellent and will jump right back up on
the first warm day. Helebores are excellent additions to the garden
and a treat when they bloom.

Daffodils are a chapter in and of themselves but many are suitable for
small spaces.

Don't forget the pansies for spring color and also remember the tender
plants such as lillies of the valley and bleeding heart. Crocus,
galanthus (snow drops)and the like can be included in a busy summer
garden safely asleep in their bulbs.

I'm jealous of your challenge!