Old 17-06-2004, 09:05 AM
Snooze

Default Refrigerating Pumps

"RichToyBox" wrote in message
news:JZ4Ac.60974$HG.55087@attbi_s53...
I am assuming that you have a low humidity, and as such a swamp cooler

will
do some cooling in your area. They don't do much around here with the

high
humidity. You could build a modified swamp cooler, using media pad, a

fan,
and a water pump to spray the water onto the media pad. Evaporation is a
very efficient means of cooling water.

Building an evaporative water cooling tower might help a little. This is how
i would build one, though the benefits maybe marginal. Build a brick box,
with a hollow center, with a window near the top on one side, and the bottom
on the other side. Both windows need to be covered with a media pad, but put
a fan on the side of the top window, set at a low speed, you want to cool
the chamber, not create a wind tunnel.

Inside the chamber, have the water flow through metal pipes, to create a
radiator, then return the cooled water back to the pond. As I said in my
substantially cool the pond.

Unfortunately I don't know how to estimate the cooling abilities of a
evaporative cooling tower, to see if it's even worth it. I suspect the
evaporation rate from the pond does more then a cooling tower could.

Snooze