Old 17-06-2004, 01:02 PM
Ebthtr

Default Moss question Help!

Subject: Moss question Help!
From: "wendy7"
Date: 6/17/04 12:46 AM Eastern Daylight Time

Welcome Linda, your question has been answered so please let us
know what type of orchid you have. There should be a tag in the pot
with the plant.
Ask all the questions you want, you will get lots of advice here.
--
Cheers Wendy

All of you have been so helpful!
I have phals and oncidium. They are all about a year old now and re-blooming
like crazy except for the one that had root problems. (Which I learned more
about here, thank you very much!). It's so amazing....when I went around to
different places in NYC that sell orchids and asked questions I received these
looks of fear and anger from the sellers...my quess is that they are only
"middlemen" who get orchids from growers and re-sell them at very high prices.
My 8 phals, 3 onncidium and 1 dendrobium are all from box stores with the
exception of 2 of the phals which were left for dead by their previous owners
and are now coming along just fine.
I want to start growing them hydroponically....it really looks like the way to
go. I have to go back to the nursery that sold me the Spanish Moss/Charcol and
talk to them. It says on the receipt that it's store credit only. Thank
goodness I didn't open the packages, 'cause I just had a gut feeling that the
salesperson's advice was wrong.
Thanks again to everyone.
Linda