Old 17-06-2004, 02:02 PM
Susan Erickson

Default Moss question Help!

On 17 Jun 2004 11:24:49 GMT, ojunk (Ebthtr) wrote:

My 8 phals, 3 onncidium and 1 dendrobium are all from box stores with the
exception of 2 of the phals which were left for dead by their previous owners
and are now coming along just fine.

Yes, she has the disease ... excuse me, Welcome to the hobby.

I want to start growing them hydroponically....it really looks like the way to
go.

There is a good article on Semi-Hydroponics at First Rays. This
is the style of hydroponics most of us use.
www.firstrays.com
Lots of other good advice in his free information section.

I have to go back to the nursery that sold me the Spanish Moss/Charcol and
talk to them. It says on the receipt that it's store credit only.

That may have been as close as they could get to what you were
asking for; at least in that sales persons mind. You may have to
check out their plants to spend that credit. I have found most
stores with this policy are generally un-helpful.

Thanks again to everyone.
Linda

Have you looked for an Orchid Society that meets in your town?
http://orchidweb.org/affiliated.html This listing will help you
find the meeting and local growers.
SuE