Old 17-06-2004, 03:02 PM
simy1

Default For Drilling Holes In Tree Stumps...Mushrooms?

gary davis wrote in message ...
On 6/16/04 7:12 AM, in article
, "simy1"
wrote:

http://www.mycosource.com/shiilogs.htm
http://www.fungi.com/plugs/index.html

Thanks for that. I cut down the filbert tree because it was shading my
garden. I (with help...James...my buddy was determined to have it "out!" We
worked in tandem) moved the stump because I wanted to plant potatoes in that
area. We moved it as far as we could...or I didn't know where else to put
it! Either way it is where it is.
And now a mushroom idea...
So the stump should be in the ground...could I put it in...(thinking going
on here)....a garage? And keep it cool and wet? Suggestions welcome.

sure. In fact my mushroom logs are halfway buried in compost, to help with N.

If that will work where do I get the mushroom 'sperm'...??? How does one
do this?
Gary

you have not checked the websites above, right? they are only one click away.