Old 17-06-2004, 06:02 PM
Randy

Default Compost Usage

I have horses too and have tried using the composted manure. The
problem I had was the bermuda seed. At first I thought regular weeding
would take care of it but once it gets established it takes over the
garden. If you do plan on using horse manure be sure not to compost any
manure for at least a week after worming. I am told that the medication
does not break down when composted and can kill earthworms. -RP

Jay wrote:
I have horses and an abundant supply of manure. I hot compost the
manure, turning frequently, until it is no longer heating.

My question is, is this a good source of fertilizer, (nitrogen, et.
al.), for my veggie garden? I'm fairly new to gardening but my plants
look rather weak and yellow. I started the garden with lots of
compost but didn't add any other fertilizer. Is compost enough or
not?