Old 17-06-2004, 10:04 PM
tg

Default Plumping is an external pump

Matt,
I have nearly the same Sequence pump. I have priming pot on it with a flex
hose that goes into the skimmer. I then have a 90 degree elbow to redirect
into the water and then have a check valve installed and then a slotted
inlet sleeve into that. That allows for the power to go out and then restart
as I don't lose the prime on the pump. I do use some flex couplings on the
inlet side of the pump which can leak enough water out if the power is off
for a significant amount of time. There are also some water monitors that
shut off power to the pump if the water level drops below a certain level.

Good luck.

"Matt Helliwell" wrote in message
well I've just bought myself an external pump to go with my new skimmer.
The pumps a sequence 750 from
http://www.koikit.co.uk/koikit/produ...o.asp?pid=8223

Now the pump is going to have to sit above the height of the pond and it
isn't self priming! So is the some cunning and subtle technique to
prime it and ensure it doesn't run dry?

the skimmer, if it makes any difference, is this one.
http://www.aquosis.co.uk/system/index.html

Thanks

--
Matt Helliwell