Old 18-06-2004, 05:03 AM
Lee

Default miniature greenhouses

dps wrote in message ...
Lee wrote:
oh-oh--- guess i'm in trouble if i expect a lot of roast'n ears!
Thanks so much for reminding me of the pollination method.. i'd
totally forgotten,but having been forwarned, i will not suffer so much
disapointment when thelittle ears come out snagle-toothed..: )...

Since you don't have much, you might try the following:

Watch for the ears to show silk.

When you see silk, cut off a tassel and gently rub it on silk. Do this
on all the ears. Next day cut off another and wipe it on the silk. Do
this on the upwind corn first. If you enjoy the view of the corn, you
can cut the tassels that are least visible from your patio. Repeat this
process for a week or so, until you start to see some of the silk
turning brown.

This is not guaranteed to work, but it may take the place of limited
wind pollination.

Thanks for the sugestion. Sounds good.. i'll do it! I pollinted some
tomatoes with a feather one year in the solarium and did have a few
tomatoes!! not many, but some!thanks. Did you know that cornsilks are
supposed to help relieve urinary track infections?
lee h/tvksi