Old 18-06-2004, 05:24 AM
RichToyBox

Default Plumping is an external pump

With or without a priming pot, you need to have a check valve to prevent the
water from running backward out of the pipe during a power outage, either
diliberate or accidental. Most people using these pumps at elevations above
the pond, use the priming pot, which is a leaf trap, and can be gotten from
a pool supply for the swimming pool pumps. Without a priming pot, you can
hook a temporary submersible pump up to the intake and pump water up through
the line to the pump. This requires getting wet, and in winter, cold.
--
RichToyBox
"Matt Helliwell" wrote in message
well I've just bought myself an external pump to go with my new skimmer.
The pumps a sequence 750 from
http://www.koikit.co.uk/koikit/produ...o.asp?pid=8223

Now the pump is going to have to sit above the height of the pond and it
isn't self priming! So is the some cunning and subtle technique to
prime it and ensure it doesn't run dry?

the skimmer, if it makes any difference, is this one.
http://www.aquosis.co.uk/system/index.html

Thanks

--
Matt Helliwell