Old 18-06-2004, 06:11 AM
Johnnyboy Johnnyboy is offline
Registered User

Default gray and brown lawn

I had some of the same problems with my lawn. It actually turned out to be a fungus. When I to the local store and picked up some fungicide. The spots went away.

As you said the grass seemed limp, unwatered and grayish blue. I took it to the local nursery and the determined it was fungis.

This might help.

Jon

Quote:
Originally posted by Moe
Hey all,

I'm sure these question comes up a lot, but I at a loss.

About 60% of my lawn is new (like 5 weeks old) and was started on fresh
loam. The grass grew fine for the most part, but I'm having two problems.

1) Gray/Blue-Gray areas mostly in the new part. The grass has no
rigidity here (just lays flat) and watering doesn't seem to help. A web
search yields that this is a time to water. Does this mean that I
didn't water enough in the growth phase so that the grass didn't develop
deep roots? Is there any chance here?

2) I'm getting brown patches (on existing and new parts) about the size
of footprint. It's very strange since the grass there looks like it
died from underneath and the strawlike blades are just left hovering.
Plus the patches aren't round and don't have halos or anything, so I
can't seem to diagnose it. Ideas?

Thanks for the insight!

--Moe