Old 18-06-2004, 01:02 PM
John Bachman

Default water hyacinth

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 01:22:09 -0400, chagoi
wrote:

Coffee wrote:
My neighbor is having a problem with his hyacinth. It's not growing and
spreading like mine and is browning at the edges--looks like its dying. The
fish looked fine -his water is alittle green. We have had rain every day
here in PA but my plants are doing great. What could be the problem and how
can he fix it? We are only 2 blocks away from each other-same water and all.
Patty

It can be a problem with the plants themselves. Earlier this year I
bought two large WH and put them into my pond. One stayed nice and
green and grew like crazy. The other turned brown and did nothing.
It seems to be coming around now though. Perhaps some damage in
transportation? Dunno.

John