Old 18-06-2004, 04:07 PM
GFRfan

Default My lawn looks better than it ever has.

wrote:

Not that I would mow a yard on that
setting, but seems it's not correctly set. Is this normal?

My new neighbor does. He took a beautiful lawn, and in one season
managed to turn it into clover, dandelions, and dirt.

He mows 2-3 times per week, and keeps the "grass" at about 1/2".

Then if he asks you how come your lawn is so lush, you can give him
advice and he can ignore you, stating that, "That's too much trouble."
Mowing once a week at 2 1/2" as opposed to 2-3 times per week at about
1/2". I've got a couple like that. Go figure. I even had one neighbor
who accused me of running the rest of the neighborhood down by making
their lawns look bad. By the way, I live in a very old neighborhood that
has gone downhill lately.

--
Yard and Garden Handyman