Old 18-06-2004, 05:04 PM
Coffee

Default water hyacinth

Thanks guys,
I knew there was something you could add but since I don't use anything in
my pond I wasn't sure what, or how much.
Where can he get this potash from?
Would Home Depot have it?
Patty
"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

"chagoi" wrote in message
Coffee wrote:
My neighbor is having a problem with his hyacinth. It's not growing

and
spreading like mine and is browning at the edges--looks like its

dying.
The
fish looked fine -his water is alittle green. We have had rain every

day
here in PA but my plants are doing great. What could be the problem

and
how
can he fix it? We are only 2 blocks away from each other-same water

and
all.
Patty

All my WH were the same way. when I added my Wh the started to turn
brown. As the nitrAtes increased they started to green up again. But it
wasn't till I added Potash to the ponds that they really started to
really GREEN UP. The older leave are still dying, off but the new leaves
and "PUPS" are dark green and growing.

snip

I am normally against dosing haphazardly, but since Potash is a relatively
safe addition to the pond, I'll chime in that I agree. My plants seem to
yellow, and then go back to green when I does with Potash. I use a fat
tablespoon per 1000 gallons, every few weeks.

BV.