Old 18-06-2004, 05:04 PM
Ka30P

Default bullfrogs and toads

My computer crashed while researching this so
I'll start a thread here.

But I don't think bullfrogs will consume toads. I think they
will try and eat them and will probably spit them out.

I found this reference
Toads and frogs defend themselves in several way. Most of their enemies are

predators such as fish, turtles, snakes, birds and carnivorous mammals-shrews,
mink, skunks and raccoons. Our larger species of frogs will also eat other
frogs. Toads cannot jump as fast as frogs to escape a predator and defend
themselves by producing toxic or unpleasant-tasting skin secretions which are
released when the animal is seized. Due to their bad flavor, toads are not a
popular food among predators.

If anyone has seen a bullfrog eat a toad let us know.

kathy :-)
algae primer